Do you live in a San Diego Wildfire Zone and are considering Replacement Windows?
San Diego County Building Codes state that if you live in a high risk wildfire zone and you are replacing your windows then there are a few things you need to comply with when replacing your windows.
- Exterior windows/doors shall be insulate-glass (dual-glazed)
- A minimum of (1) one tempered pane.
- Glass block units are acceptable too.
- And all must have a fire resistance rating of not less than 20 minutes.
- Vinyl window frames and sash must have welded corners.
Provided below are a few links to zoning maps. Check to see if your home falls within a high risk wildfire zone. Your new replacement windows must be W.U.I.B.S. compliant.
Useful links for San Diego Wildfire Zone Replacement Windows
San Diego – http://www.readysandiego.org/wildfire-hazard-map/
San Diego – https://www.sandiego.gov/fire/services/brush/severityzones
Escondido – http://fire.escondido.org/wildfire-resources.aspx
Poway – https://powaygis.poway.org/websites/PowGIS_JS/
You can learn more about this building code here: http://www.fire.ca.gov/fire_prevention/downloads/Part_12_CA_SFM_12-7A-2_Test_Standards.pdf
Coughlin Windows and Doors offers San Diego wildfire zone replacement windows and doors. Call today to learn more about your options and possible rebates.